Makes 2 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2½ cups All Purpose white gold™ gluten free flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ cup strawberry jam
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and lemon zest.
- Gradually add gluten free flour and salt to the butter mixture. Turn out the dough onto a clean surface, Shape into a flattened disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the disk between two pieces of parchment paper, or on a surface floured with gluten-free flour, until it is ¼-inch thick. Cut out cookies using a 2½-inch round cookie cutter.
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining dough, only this time use a smaller round cutter to remove the center of the cookies. Arrange all of the cookies on the baking sheets and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let the cookies cool.
- Spread strawberry jam over the bottoms of the cookies and place the cookies with the holes on top, to make sandwiches. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.